Hall & Prior Acquires Mertome Aged...
Hall & Prior will take over the management and operations of Mertome Aged Care & Retirement Village...Read more >
Royal Commission update March 2019
The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety continues this month with public hearings taking place in Adelaide.
The hearings have so far heard from a number of witnesses, including users of the aged care system, government representatives, industry bodies, and advocates of the aged community.
A number of common themes were highlighted throughout the hearings including;
• Inappropriate or excessive use of restraints, both physical and chemical
• Understaffing and inadequate education/training for staff
• The adequacy of dementia care and training, particularly considering the impact population growth will have on the number of people living with dementia
• The wait times and cost barriers to receiving aged care; and
• Adequacy of funding for the aged care sector, including the ACFI model.
In May hearings will focus on specific case studies; with the spotlight on residential home care and the community, quality, safety and dementia.
Royal Commission community forums have now also taken place in Bankstown NSW and Bendigo in Victoria.
Hall & Prior welcomes the Royal Commission; and believes it will lead to long-term, sustainable improvements for the aged care sector.
If you would like further information regarding the Royal Commission or Hall & Prior’s submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org